Celebrate International Women's Day 2021.
Make a donation to nominate a bloody great woman in your life and/or purchase a raffle ticket to support our bloody great cause - the world leading blood cancer clinical trials at Concord Cancer Centre, Concord Hospital.
#ChooseToChallenge | #IWD2021
#abloodygreatcause | #bloodygreathelper | #bloodcancer | #thebloodygreatcommittee
With sincere thanks to our sponsors:
- City of Canada Bay
- Warwick Williams Real Estate
- The Burrow Group
Enter our International Women's Day Raffle - tickets are $20 each. There are fabulous prizes valued at more than $4,000 up for grabs!
Winners to be announced Tuesday 9 March. You will receive a separate email directly from The Bloody Great Committee with your ticket numbers before the draw. With our sincere thanks to all our prize donors.
1. Bowerhaus Pavé Tassel Necklace and Earring Set. Bowerhaus white round pearl (adjustable length) necklace with a lucky four-leaf-clover art deco clasp plus earrings. Packaged in a signature velvet box. Value: $1,000. Donated by Bowerhaus.
2. Dine at the iconic Catalina restaurant. Enjoy Sydney's finest food and wine on the stunning Rose Bay waterfront with this $500 voucher. Value: $500. Donated by Wallace W Donald.
3. Bowerhaus Pearl Enhancer. Spice up your favourite necklace with this beautiful pearl enhancer. Value: $500. Donated by Bowerhaus.
4. 'The Adrienne', The Vessel by Jonathon Long, Vase made from BRT Stoneware, glazed in White Gloss. Hand built using traditional methods, each piece creating its own narrative whilst being guided by the artist to beautiful organic forms. H 26cm x W 21. Value: $350. Donated by Jonathon Long.
5. Muk Style Stick 230IR. Utilises a revolutionary strip of powerful infrared lights embedded in the iron's ceramic plate to infuse a gentle heat, deep inside the hair shaft. Effectively straightening hair with a single pass, whilst infusing hair with amazing shine, moisture balance and protection from thermal damage. With L'Occitane Herbae Eau De Toilette 50ml. A sparkling, delicate bouquet of flowers interlaced with wild grasses. Total value: $290. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee.
6. Dazzle with Charlotte Tilbury. Limited Edition Filmstar Bronze and Glow face sculpt and highlight, K.I.S.S.I.N.G Fallen From the Lipstick Tree, Charlotte’s Jewel Pots for jewel eyes to hypnotise, Luxury Palette of Pops colour-coded eye shadows. Total value: $286. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee.
7. A little Dior Luxury. Dior Vernis nail polish in Be Dior 976, Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Golden Nights Collection Limited Edition High-Color Eyeshadow Palette and Diorific Matte Velvet Colour Lipstick #620 Stunning, weightless and long-wearing. Total value: $206. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee.
8. Bowerhaus Pearl Charm bracelet #1. Value: $100. Donated by Bowerhaus. With two Trent Nathan scarves. Value: $60. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee. Total: $160.
9. Bowerhaus Pearl Charm bracelet #2. Value: $100. Donated by Bowerhaus. With a Calvin Klein Escape perfume and Mor hand cream. Value: $60. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee. Total: $160.
10. Bowerhaus Pearl Charm bracelet #3. Value: $100. Donated by Bowerhaus. With a Lancôme Precious Collection Limited Edition box set - four mini perfumes. Value: $50. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee. Total: $150.
11. Google Nest Mini. Ask your Google Assistant about the weather, news, or almost anything. Hear your personalised schedule, commute and reminders. Set timers and alarms, and control your compatible smart devices. And a thecoopidea Journey Mini Bluetooth Speaker - perfect for taking your music on the go. It has a compact design with a rechargeable battery that can play for up to 6 hours before needing to be plugged in. Total value $117. Donated by Officeworks Carlton.
12. Tea for Two by T2! Gorgeous tea-pot, two teacups, T2 French Early Grey tea and T2 Melbourne Breakfast tea. Value: $110. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee.
13. Time To Unwind Hamper. Whispering Brook Sparkling wine. The best-selling ‘Phosphorescence’ by Julia Baird, a beautiful, intimate and inspiring investigation into how we can find and nurture within ourselves that essential quality of internal happiness - the 'light within' - which will sustain us even through the darkest times. Calvin Klein Escape Eau de Parfum spray. Glasshouse Hand cream duo pack, Lost In Amalfi Sea Mist and Mademoiselle – Gardenia. Body shop Pampering Essentials Juicy Strawberry. Value $110. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee.
14. Care Gift Bag. Care Vital Nutrition Shampoo 300ml, Care Vital Nutrition Conditioner 250ml, Care Vital Nutr Protein Spray 200ml, Care Vital Nutr Porosity Filler 50ml. Value: $100. Donated by Keune Haircosmetics.
15. So Pure Gift Bag. SP Moisturizing Shampoo 250ml, SP Moisturizing Conditioner 200ml, SP Moroccan Argan Oil 45ml, SP Texture Spray 200ml. Value: $100. Donated by Keune Haircosmetics.
16. Style Gift Bag. Style Dry Texturizer (N.61) 75ml, Style Strong Mousse (N.74) 200ml, Style Freestyle Spray (N.86) 300ml, Style Root Volumizer (N.75) 75ml, Style Instant Blowout (N.37) 200ml. Value: $100. Donated by Keune Haircosmetics.
17. Haigh's Chocolates Hamper. A beautiful Easter hamper from Australia’s oldest family chocolate makers, producing artesian award winning chocolates. Value: $100. Donated by Haigh’s Chocolates.18. Special Gift - Keune to Go Beverage Set, Keune Insulated Wine Bottle 750ml, Keune Insulated Tumblers 340ml. Value: $80. Donated by Keune Haircosmetics.
19. Sip, Read and Unwind. 2013 Collector Sangiovese. Barack Obama’s ‘A Promised Land’- beautifully written and powerful book, a candid look at his time in the White house and his personal life. Leigh Sales’ ‘Any Ordinary Day’ - dual Walkley Award-winner Leigh Sales talks to ordinary people who've faced the unimaginable, from terrorism to natural disaster to simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Value $80. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee.
20. Cook and Wine Time. Chandon Brut. Jackson & Levine’s ‘Round to Ours’ offering over 24 ready-made menu ideas. This cookbook has the perfect combination of menu ideas and recipes for every occasion. Rans Red Apron. Value $80. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee.
21. Pamper Yourself #1. Gucci by Gucci Eau de parfum spray. ‘Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine’ by Gail Honeyman - a best seller, funny, touching and unpredictable. Value $80. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee.
22. Pamper yourself #2. Obsession Eau de Parfum by Calvin Klein. ‘Radical Rock and Roll Resilience’ by Anni Finsterer – an amazing “can’t put down” book. Value $80. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee.
23. Kitchen Time. ‘Yummy Easy Cooking’ by Matt Preston - 127 dinners that take 30 minutes or less to prepare. This cookbook is packed with modern classics you'll love cooking for your friends and family. Mrs Oldbuck’s 3 gourmet Jam set. Red apron. Value $60. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee.
24. Lost in Scent. Palm Beach Mini Candle and Diffuser set – Balsam & Fir. Glasshouse Handcream duo pack, Lost In Amalfi – Sea Mist and Mademoiselle – Gardenia. Value $50. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee.
25. Bathtime – Relax. Napoli Beach Diffuser – Vanuatu. Baylis & Harding relaxing Foot soak crystals – Magnolia. Baylis & Harding luxury duo magnolia shower cream & body lotion. Bath Bomb. L’Oreal Charcoal Face Mask. Value $50. Donated by The Bloody Great Committee.
With the Sydney Local Health District’s endorsement and support, Foundation For A Bloody Great Cause Limited was established in 2019 to further the objectives of The Bloody Great Committee, which has been fundraising for the world-leading blood cancer clinical trials at Concord Cancer Centre, Concord Hospital since 2013.
The Haematology Clinical Research Unit at Concord Hospital is the largest clinical research unit for blood cancers in NSW. It conducts world-leading clinical trials to access innovative therapies for leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and other blood disorders.
More than 700 patients have participated in this research and have benefited greatly from cutting-edge treatments, long before they are publicly available. For many patients, participating in our clinical research program is their only hope for a cure and a better quality of life.
Your support means that even more patients with blood cancers and other blood disorders can participate in these world-leading clinical trials - we thank you wholeheartedly!